LK Health offers the Healthy Families Program which is a state and federally funded comprehensive health insurance program for children. Healthy Families is a low cost health insurance for children and teens. It provides health care, dental and vision.
How do I know if my children are eligible?
Children enrolled in Healthy Families must live in California and:
- Be age 18 or younger.
- Not be eligible for no-cost Medi-Cal.
- Children in families with incomes within the Healthy Families Guidelines.
- Live in families without health insurance from an employer for the past three months.
- Meet citizenship or immigration requirements.
How soon after I apply will I know if my children are eligible?
Healthy Families will send you an answer in 10 days or less after they receive your application, as long as your application is complete.
What are some of the benefits (services) children/young adults can receive from Healthy Families?
- Hospital care when it is medically necessary
- Care from doctors, including surgeons
- Prescription drugs
- Well child services to prevent disease
- Family planning (birth control)
- Mental health care
- Alcohol and drug treatment service
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Lab and X-ray services
- Dental care
- Eye care